Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Denim Sunburst Textile Art

Here is one of my projects that was featured on Craftgawker a while back: Denim Sunburst Textile Art





The process of making the wall hanging is very simple, yet very time consuming.  I simply cut old denim jeans into small rectangular pieces of all different sizes.  Most of the strips were thinner than 1 inch. Then I began to sew then one by one onto a fabric backing.  You can easily do a pre-layout design, or you can be like me and let the piece evolve on its own!

7 comments:

  1. WOW! I really like your pic!! And the idea! Great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is genius! Since I don't know how to sew : ( wonder if hot glue would work? I know it wouldn't have the same effect especially not having the zig zag lines, but I just love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMAZING! great job! :D

    Dom.
    Craftedblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What are the final dimensions? Nice piece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very, very cool! Love the look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your wall art looks great - love the denim!! I've got this linked to my denim DIY post too today, for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete